London - worst, maybe the restaurants I tried weren't good but very different and I didn't like people there. Especially, noodle was very bad...

San Francisco - best, I liked food and people. It's much cheaper than Yokohama and very good!

Yokohama - I like that area. But I don't like new buildings and shops. I miss the atmosphere

it had before. Food is always OK there.

I think there is a small China Town in Kobe.

The one in Kobe is **** . It's smaller than londons and manchesters, and lacks the shops. it seemed to just be restaurants. And the food was TERRIBLE and stupidly over-priced.

It's pretty lame but I'd disagree regarding the food. Go there at lunchtime and they have a couple of tabehodai places in the main square. Had a good pigout for 1000 yen a few years back, and the food was nice for what it was.

I lived smack dab in the middle of Honolulu China Town , the oldest in the U.S. supposedly, and it sucked. In the day time you can find good, reasonably priced food and there are excellent street markets selling most anything you can imagine for low prices. But the fun stops there. Everywhere reeks of urine and filth. Drug needles and glass crack pipes line the sides of the streets. At night it truly is a pimpers paradise and a haven for all things disgusting.

In my opinion, China Towns are generally dirty, noisy places where even the tourist appeal of them, the Chineesee-ness of them, are usually distasefully overdone as to make it touristy.

I must say though, Chinese New Years celebrations in Honolulu and I'm quite sure all other China Towns are a blast. Something everyone should experience at least once.

Kintaro,

I remember that place from back in the day! It was pretty bad too if memory serves me correctly but my only pictures of that place now are from Michner's novel "Hawaii" Id love to live there again - but would like to be on Maui.

I worked many years ago for the Hong Kong Econ & Trade Dev. Council and the New Years and Dragon Boat races were always our top two events of the year - they were great clap.gif

yuki's passion, ...the dragon boat races are a blast too!! And I should add that the Honolulu China town is currently going through a rejuvenation while preserving the original old buildings. They are trying to get the crack dealers and prostitues out of there too. By all means, still not pretty. I was just there a month ago.

Maui no ka oi! Good luck getting back! \:\)