My family have a timeshare in Europe and they're wanting to come to Japan and do a swap if possible with somewhere here. Does anyone know of any good timeshare places in Japan - it doesn't seem to be a big/popular concept here like it is back home.

They'd most likely be better off getting something in other places than Japan - from what I've heard the same level timeshare is nowhere near as nice here as what you could get in Europe.

People hand over some cash in order to 'own' a week (or more) of a (usually very nice) lodge/holiday home. They can then use that for however many years (80 or so, a lot). All they pay for each year is maintenance - cleaning costs etc. So lots of people in the lodge each year, but its usually kept in really good condition.

If they want to go somewhere else for a change, they can put their week in for a swap. There are tonnes of timeshare places all over the world. If something comes up, they can swap and go to another place. If the other places is on the same level, there are no costs (apart from the maintenance).

I've got a hangover thismorning, can you tell.