I was wondering if anyone knows what time (japanese time) tonight's game of football between England and Japan is being broadcast here ?

I am assumming they are showing it on tv - Japan's last game was shown.....

I'm hoping someone (maybe scouser) know's.......

Cheers wave.gif

scouser does know.

It's on at 3:55am tomorrow morning - so its either stay up late or get up early.

テレビ中継 6/2 3:55~6:00 日本テレビ系列(生放送)

(Its on the same channel that has some baseball* on this evening)

* curious game that.

Of course, db will be so happy to be able to watch that at a reasonable time, hey, db?! lol.gif

Now that's not very nice, is it.......is it a night game in England or something ???? " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Wot to do - no VCR, ......difficult to stay up that late (unless it's a party....), ........and don't like waking up that early either.

Ummm, I'm sure they'll have the results somewhere on the web by about 10:30am tomorrow morning when I arise.....

BTW scouser, thanks for the info, just one other question, who are you backing ? ? ? ? ha ha ha ;\)

Ever do maths at school?

OK, here we go. UK is 8 hours behind us here in Japan, summer time. The game coverage starts, live, at 3:55am Japan time. So that'll be 7:55pm in Manchester. Ok, m'lord?

I will be very unsettled if it is anything other than a comprehensive win for England.

eeeeeaaaaaaasy there scouser, some of us antipodeans (???) couldn't give a rats a_s what time of the day or night it is in England.......come to think of it, I couldn't really care what time it is anywhere......other then beer'o'clock lol.gif

That just might be the answer, throw on a bunch of tekno muzik and have myself a par-T......

As for the result, well, I believe the game of football will be tonight's winner.........(you like that one ????)

ha ha ha..........you sound like a funny guy scouser. I'd love to be beside you having a beer tonight, especially so if England go down........I bet you wouldn't be so funny then.

Mind you, I would also like to see England do well tonight, and during Euro........although, my heart is probably not in it as much as yours.

Rach,

You gonna wake up that early to watch a footie match eh? You must sure love football! Im sure youll be rootin for Japan too? ;\)

I think Ill get some shut eye and see the results on the net - but for me too, its beer O'clock cool.gif

1-1 draw

Started off well enough, for about 25 minutes. But then they faded and Japan ended the game deserving to win the thing.

Got this comment from BBC:

He said: "We got tired, not because of our fitness levels, but because we'd been training hard before the game.

Poor darlings, getting tired!!!!! Tired from training?!? Is it just me, or is that kind of rubbish "excuse" just not acceptable.

And Beckham looks a complete state with that stupid tattoo on his neck. \:\(

rach, I'm with you there.

I taped it and watched it before coming to work. Japan definitely deserved the draw - if not a win.

Beck's new tattoo is some kind of winged cross on his neck. It looks ridiculous.

I made it through and saw the game live - didn't even have to 'party' too hard to make it to 4:00am.

But, I'm with you guys. Beckham's tatoo looks silly. Now the guy can surely kick a football, but it seems the more I see and hear of him and his actions the more I think he is just a spoiled, rich, **** .......the tatoo only confirms my feelings.

(I am guessing the tatoo is new), perhaps it will take the focus away from the actual England performance last night........

Still, bring on the Euor.......

I made it through and saw the game live - didn't even have to 'party' too hard to make it to 4:00am.

But, I'm with you guys. Beckham's tatoo looks silly. Now the guy can surely kick a football, but it seems the more I see and hear of him and his actions the more I think he is just a spoiled, rich, tw_t.......the tatoo only confirms my feelings.

(I am guessing the tatoo is new), perhaps it will take the focus away from the actual England performance last night........

Still, bring on the Euro.......

BTW, what about that new Nike advert. How cool is that one - I think it's funny anyway lol.gif Have you guys seen it before ???

I think I still like the one best with Eric Cantona (???) kicking the ball through some devil goalkeeper's belly. But for sure this new one is quite original.......

1-1 draw with Japan and they deserved to win eek.gif

Jesus what is happening to the english side lately, that is a dismal performance with Euro 04 coming up. I would be very worried if I was an english fan at the moment. I respect the honest summary by english forum members though.

By the way, who did they play up front....Heskey??

I don't know what the point of a non-honest summary would be..... could never understand that.

Quote:
Jesus what is happening to the english side lately, that is a dismal performance with Euro 04 coming up.
Certainly wasn't great, but I wouldn't go as far as dismal either.

As the old cliche goes, anything can happen in a 90 minute game of footie. The best team doesn't always win. Sometimes there are shocks. Sometimes a team completely dominates but loses - because they just don't get the goals. So you have to look beyond the final score to know the quality of the game, even though that score is the result that everyone sees.

Having said all that, Japan certainly deserved the draw this morning. And lets give them credit. They played well. They are a decent team and sometimes hard to break down with a stubborn defence. Their problem is usually that they lack in attack. In the first 20 minutes or so it was like 80% England possession and it looked like it might be a walkover. But it wasn't and the England lads "got tired" eek.gif eek.gif Pathetic, sad to hear that.

On another note - as with Liverpool, Gerrard was the star man AGAIN.

This sounds decent to me:

....moving Scholes further forward in place of Rooney and allowing a midfield three of David Beckham, Lampard and Steven Gerrard to operate in front of Butt. Push him (Scholesy) forward to play just behind Michael Owen. Turn him into a goal threat again. And release Lampard and Gerrard to burst forward at the suspect French defence.