Tokyo and London tied for most expensive city?

I have not been in London for long enough to comment but I have noticed that the quality of the food sold in (inner city) supermarkets is very low relative to the high price paid. I really do reserve any comment until I visit a proper suburban supermarket. In fact most of teh inner city places just sell pre-cooked food for the single man. It seems that people here demand a lower quality of food than I do myself.

In terms of housing, London is better value hands down. It is hard to compare on a like for like basis but every attempt that I have made yields the same result: For your money in London you get more liveable, better quality more attractive houses with nicer surroundings. It seems that in London you frequently pay roughly the same amount as Tokyo, sometimes a little more, but you get WAY more in return for your money.

Trains here are quite expensive and are a lesser service than in Tokyo. Same goes for ADSL and mobile phones.

For everything else I will have to wait a few months until I have 'run a household' in London as I did in Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
db, you'll find good stuff. I demand hi-q and get it, god dammed.

Where abouts you working (location wise)
Hi BoC, I'm in "The City"... the square mile or however it is named.
 Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
Me too db - perhaps we are work colleagues ;\)
My company employs 8,000 people within the Square Mile. There is a chance that we do indeed work together, in which case I am going into hiding ;\)