Anyone going ?????

Seeing as it's just down the road, I think I'll pop along and see what's going on. Being more into the dance scene then anything else, I'm not real sure who the line up is all about, but I do remember Primus from my youth, so I wouldn't mind checking them out.....

For anyone who's interested, I have a couple of apartments available for the festival weekend - much more comfortable then the ol' tent, I assure you. Only a few minutes walk from the festival entrance. Send me a PM, and I'll give you more details.

Hope rainy season in Naeba is over by the time the whole thing kicks off....

36,000 I heard, some guys I know are getting reamed for 24,000 for a Return bus ride.

36 + 24 you are up to 60 already add accommodation in the tent up to 70 add food and booze you are looking at up to 100,000 for long weekend, more if your a going to purchase some "stimulants", thats some serious coin for a music festival!

summersonic and Rock Odyssey in Osaka and Tokyo are much more economically priced and have some good bands playing too.

yep, a stinger this year for sure.

and they are charging 6,000 yen for parking.. but wait thats only for 2 people! if its 3 or 4 you must pay an extra 6,000.

Maybe this is the last year and they are trying to clean up?

I would rather go see the smaller 1 day festivals. from what I have heard there are way too many people and from stage to stage takes frikking ages.. stuff that.

Yeah, I agree, it's a bit much, but, a 'drop by' kind of involves getting around the ticket thing - I haven't paid for a ticket in years to any kind of event (including festivals, the World Cup and F1) in Japan. I'm hoping to continue the legacy.........

For anyone who's interested, my apartments include parking, and I don't care if you bring a fully loaded bus with 30 people....if you can fit it in, you can park here. Heck, for a case of beer, you can park at mine without even staying..... \:\)

Nice of you to offer thanks stripper on coke. It's way too expensive to pay that much. I tried not to pay for a few festivals last year. Got away with it for one big one, saved myself myself a bit of money. Minuses were: keeping an eye on security when the eyes weren't seeing too well; standing in a "side of the road dump", near the dodgy entry point to the site; some friends were caught and booted lol.gif . Apart from that it was great. Think I'll pay if I go this year though.

S.O.C.

Itd be a pretty difficult place to sneak into. Tried 2 years back before we all gave up and forked out the money. Have you seen the venue at Naeba? If you pull it off lemme know and post it up here for us so we can get in next year!

We'll see how we get on then.....2 years ago I just walked straight through the front entrance 2 days in a row. I lifted my wrist to show the guy on the gate, and he let me pass. At the time I was wearing a few bead braclet (???) type things on my wrist - might have to hunt a few of them down again.

Wish me luck...........