Hey so sorry. wakaranai.gif

Just remembering some fond things from my youth here. At least it didn't involve Tears For Fears ;\)

(At the same time that I brought lots of vids home with me of lots of embarrasing scenes from the past.)

Having actively consumed vast quantities of various flavours of fudge in my youth (as well as passively absorbing Tears for Fears), I concluded that it was only good for survival rations in cold climates.

Boiled sugar and condensed milk with added flavouring is not really a fantastic taste experience, and it isn't exactly healthy food. I saw huge blocks of it sitting around in tourist shops in England over summer, and the kid in me said "Oooh look, fudge!" and the adult said "If you're going to do yourself some harm, at least do it with something that tastes good. And stop pulling at my sleeve!"

Regular old sugar fudge is Ok if its one peice only.

ROYCE chocolate fudge on the other hand from Hokkaido is simply devine, smooth and creamy and oozing a delcious well blended cocoa flavour.

Best chocolate fudge/chocolate taste - period I have ever eaten, better than anything Godiva et al ever put out.

Anyone had a bit of Royce?

That and "Marusei Butter Sand" great cookies.

I really look foward to Japanese people I know going to Hokkaido for a break, I know the Royce & Marusei in the form of Omiyage is coming on down to Nara clap.gif

A few months back i walked into a tourist shop and got offered fudge....but not just any old crummy russian or chocolate sort.......but

LEMON MERINGE

It was one of the most delicious things i have ever tasted. clap.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Tell us where we can get this kamo.....
At Sapporo airport there a million omiyage shops.
many have samples and my friend and did the rounds gorging on all the freebies. It was awesome.

Havent seen it anywhere else, it seems to be a Hokkaido kept tradition or something.