• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I cant leave until the 22nd at earliest as well. Does anyone else have any other tips?

I just find that if I dont take holidays during these "renkyu" periods then I can never take long enough holidays. Does anyone else find that? If you are a teacher I guess you dont have that problem but having 10days off a year it really hurts.

I can schedule my holidays (9-10 weeks)any time of the year but the longest i can take is 1 month at a strech.

From next year i am going to play it smart and start travelling in off peak times like just after GW or start of october. Have to start paying for the son after may next year " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:
Yeah, I cant leave until the 22nd at earliest as well. Does anyone else have any other tips?

I just find that if I dont take holidays during these "renkyu" periods then I can never take long enough holidays. Does anyone else find that? If you are a teacher I guess you dont have that problem but having 10days off a year it really hurts.
I`m a teacher and it`s still a problem. Over the summer it`s ok but i`m trying to get away this Christmas and it`s going to cost me a fortune just because all the prices get bumped up so much. The only thing i`ve worked out to do is not to travel in Japan \:\(