I'm looking for a new snowboard jacket, but the stores in my area are pretty limited (Far East Hokkaido). I've been looking on the internet and found that Yahoo Auctions has some pretty decent deals. Anyone know of any other online sites (preferably in Japan) that have a good range of snowboard goods. I need an XL jacket, which is a little harder to find...

Also, I'm thinking of investing in a set of those lifter things that go between your deck and your bindings (Burton calls it an elevator, different companies have different names). I was just wondering if anyone uses them and if they really make a difference (well do they make 10,000 yen worth of difference). Although I have big feet (size 13), I'm riding a Burton Custom, which has a width of about 25cm. It's the board I learned to ride on, so although there is some toe and heel drag, from the beginning I sort of taught myself how to compensate for it (ride faster, carve harder heh, heh, heh...). So will these things make a difference or are they just a gimmick?

Thanks.

Try contacting Shugakuso. They have stores in both Sapporo and Ashikawa. Not sure how far they are from you. There web site is http://www.shugakuso.co.jp There Sapporo store has a wide range of jackets from North Face, Marmot and Arc Teryx. I'm sure any of these type of mountainering jackets would fit what you may want.

Sorry i cant help you on the second question.

I use the Palmer baseplates because I used to have really squishy old boots and couldn't buy big enough ones here (no real problems with drag though). I got the plates to compensate for control lost due to the really soft boots. They worked. They work even better with harder boots - you can really hang your hide out on a carve.

I imagine they would improve the situation with drag to some small extent (ie about 4 cm which is about how thick they are). Probably worth getting if you have the money. The Palmers were about 8,000 yen 3 years ago.

Man ... size 13 feet and a 250mm waist width!!! I have US12.5 and I can't get by on anything less than 260.

I've found purchasing things on eBay to be perfectly fine. I just did a quick search for "risers" in the Skiing & Snowboarding category and found some new Palmer risers ... so I'm sure as time goes on and the northern hemispehere winter approaches, you may get some from there.

Any toe or heel drag and you will not be able to carve hard or fast, if at all. Its impossible.. Either prop you feet up, or my suggestion is shell out the coin and get a board with a wider waist. Almost everyone makes them, (but i don't know the chances of finding one in Japan).