isn't there some concerns when hot waxing with fluorocarbon (sp?) based waxes too? I thought I heard if the fluorocarbon wax becomes too hot, it can create harmful vapors.

Also, I agree with brushing the base after scraping. It clears the wax out of the base's structure (very small grooves in the base that help break the surface tension of the film of water that develops between the board and the snow, reducing friction).

confused.gif Ummmmm...what I mean to say is...you go FASTER! clap.gif

"FLUOROCARBONS VS. FLAMES...BE ATTENTIVE

Many people associate fluorocarbon waxes with their highly toxic, reactive and ozone-eating cousins...chloro-fluorocarbons (CFC's). But the fluorocarbons used in waxes do not belong in this category...in fact one of their primary characteristics is inertness, or very limited reaction to other materials and compounds. Analysis and tests done on Swix Cera F, for example, showed that when used as recommended, it will not react with human body tissue or fluids.

The melting point of these fluorocarbon waxes is higher than most hydrocarbon waxes, but about the same as hard synthetic paraffin waxes. Use an iron with a surface temperature of no higher than 300 F. (150 C.) to create a temperature in the wax layer of 250 F. (120 C.). Or avoid the use of an iron altogether and cork fluorocarbons directly into the base.

But beware of very high temperatures and open flames with any fluorocarbon waxes. They start to degrade at 570 F. (300 C.), and will decompose at 930 F. (500 C.). During degradation, toxic fumes (so-called Polymer smoke fever) is likely to occur, which can blister and sear the lungs. High temperatures will likewise melt down p-tex base material."

from http://www.tognar.com/waxing_tips_ski_snowboard.html

which has an excess of wax related info.

That sites pretty full on eh! At the end of the day its, what performance do you want from your gear, and how seriously do you take it. Im sure most of us out there just want a smooth, fast ride. For me I keep it real simple as it takes alot of quite expencive gear to do a proper race tune.