I find the forum easier to do at work, you can check and reply to something in just a few minutes then get back to work for another 1/2 hour then do it again. You can also think for a long time before you respond to something or not respond at all.

But it can be quite slow and if someone misunderstands what you wrote or you wern't clear the conversation can have gone a long way in the wrong direction before you can correct them/clarify yourself.

Chat requires devoted attention for a period of time which may be a challange to do at work. If the boss comes in and wants you to do something its a little hard to get back on the chat and explain that you have to go suddenly, it seems rude to just dissapear. I find chat more friendly, you get to know people better and it is much more like a real conversation, but its a much bigger time commitment.

I like both but I think the forum will be what I do at work.

(apart from just now, I cant help it, I have to go to chat)

addition: You also loose some of your anomanisness (nice word) when in chat, people know you are there, there is somethig about lurking in threads on the forum that is easy.

We think they will compliment each other, with the Forum of course remaining the main thing, and chat being a nice addition for a quick conversation.

The Forum is easy to come onto for a short time and leave a message, leaving an ongoing conversation online for all to read - and you can come back at any time and add to it, etc.

With chat, we're hoping that friend will be able to maybe arrange times to meet up and be online at the same time for that up-to-date real-time chat, making it (hopefully) really useful.

We're also planning on arranging some special "chat sessions" with resort people so you can put your questions to them etc.

If you want, there is no censoring.

Remember that we get transcripts of everything said in chat though.....

And do read the help page - we can ban people if we want to (cue evil laugh), and a ban is effective for the chat AND the forums. Don't want to do that though (take back evil laugh)

\:D

> I think the two of them compliment each other nicely

Forum: Oh I say, what a simple but intuitive interface you have!

Chat: Well, that's nice of you to say so. I love your icons!

Forum: (Blushing) You do? Thank you!

;\) It's with an e! An e!

I must suffer from forum blindness as today is the first I have heard of chat being launched.

I tried to log in but didn't manage to do so, probably because I do not actually know my login name or password (which is why I also never use the Insider section). When I come into the forum, I am already logged in.