gidday all

im heading to japan for a while very shortly and havea few qustions any help would be welcome

whats the easyiest and cheapest way to comunicate with new zealand i have a lap top il b taking but not sure wat the story is with connecting to the internet.

i do have many other qustions but il leave them for now

allso a word from any kiwis wuld b wickard

cher

Staying in NZ would be the easiset way to communicate with NZ ;\)

You can pretty much plug in anywhere here if you have a world wide provider like....actually none come to mind.

If you are only coming on holiday find the nearest net cafe and hook in there.

If you laptop has wireless capabilities and you have a credit card you can use the WiFi connections and services in most of the big name cafes here in Tokyo.

You will find that broadband be much cheaper here and better quality than back home.

I spoke to my mate for ages the other day using a 2000 yen card from Brastel. I think it's around 2hrs worth of talking to NZ from a landline. So around NZ$15 for an hour I guess. Broadband is so much better than NZ internet connections, I pay around 3800 yen per month for YahooBB. Get a webcam and you can video conference for free on MSN messenger.

Cher bro \:D

If you can get decent internet access, then you can talk to anyone else anywhere in the world who also has decent internet access using Skype . I use it all the time - it's clearer than a phone. Even better you can run MSN with a webcam at the same time and have a video phone call. All for free (well, other than the cost of ISP).

I also think there's software that lets you dial a landline from your computer. A friend in Kobe does it with all her Oz friends. It's like, 2c a minute. Not as clear as Skype, but you only need one computer with ISP.

You can sign up for 500 yen a month for limited internet with GOL (www.gol.com). Just make sure you cancel ahead of time or you'll be billed for the following month as well.

Can't remember how many hours you get, you'd have to check the website. A kiwi friend who lives in Sydney does it when she comes here. Oh, afterthought - I can't say if they require a Japanese address for signup - because if they did, she would have given the one of the place she stays, but here credit card is a Kiwi card.