I do remember quite enjoying that xmas pudding, the one that came in a round ball wrapped in cloth. That with hot custard was really good (real custard, not that sludge from a carton).

The best xmas food is left over ham in a sambo with hot mustard.

I once had an American 'house wife' tell me her method of slow roasting a ham that had been marinated in..... coca cola!!!! This woman put marshmallows in Waldorf salad. I remember she also called jelly 'jello' and jam 'jelly'.

Now lets drop all this homosexual fruit cake talk and focus on the meaning of life at xmas time: TRIFLE with loads of funny Italian biscuit-cakes, clotted cream, fresh berries and lots of cheap sherry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
I do remember quite enjoying that xmas pudding, the one that came in a round ball wrapped in cloth. That with hot custard was really good (real custard, not that sludge from a carton).

The best xmas food is left over ham in a sambo with hot mustard.

I once had an American 'house wife' tell me her method of slow roasting a ham that had been marinated in..... coca cola!!!! This woman put marshmallows in Waldorf salad. I remember she also called jelly 'jello' and jam 'jelly'.

Now lets drop all this homosexual fruit cake talk and focus on the meaning of life at xmas time: TRIFLE with loads of funny Italian biscuit-cakes, clotted cream, fresh berries and lots of cheap sherry.
Good to see you Brits, Kiwi's and us Aussies still maintain the vestiges of Empire!

Mate, you hit the nail on THE head with those comments. (Even though Christmas Day here is Oz is usually sunny, humid and 40 Celsius.)