Hi I hope you had good christmas and I think many people now holiday and going ski or snowboard.

I was told about a present that was called "stocking filler" (?) - what does this mean? Is it something of smaller value or something?

Thanks!

yeah thats right. A stocking filler is a small present that fits into your stocking..something like candy, chocolate or small items. usually more than one. Stocking gifts are lots of fun. Mine was full of chocolate....it didnt last long \:D

Don't know about other people but when I was young at Christmas we had sacks under the tree and a stocking at the bottom of our beds when we woke up. The stocking got opened as soon as I woke up - full of chocolates and other small things. Then we went downstairs together to open up all the 'main' presents.

I think the term in most of the US is "stocking stuffer", no diff of course.

Our tradition is an empty stocking on Christmas eve hanging over the fireplace, and when we wake up in the morning it is so filled and heavy so its on the floor overflowing with all sorts of candies, presents such as CDs, video games, maybe jewelry for the girls. But ya after we tear through the stockings we attack the "main" presents under the tree. Makes for good childhood memories, but I like to stuff my wife's stocking and I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to open presents on her own \:\)