I am confused about some word and if mean as insulting. For example, is "Jap" insulting meaning? Or depending on how say?

Like for black people, is N word always insulting meaning or sometimes ok for saying?

Can somebody help like this thing?

Thank you

I believe people who use the term "jap" are simply ignorant..not racist.

However, if you hear the term "Nip" it is probobly intentional and should be regarded as offensive.

Jap is/was commonly used in NZ for the term "Jap import" as one of the plethora of second hand Japanese car imports that have flooded the NZ shores since the late 80's. It was easier to say than Japanese and the name stuck.

Thats about the only time I can ever recall hearing it in non malicious cantext.

I think it's more a question of laziness than offensiveness, and the question of offensiveness is more on the receiver's side.

Compare the following;

Paki

Brit

Jap

I don't know of any Briton who is offended by being called a Brit (apart from me - I'm English, and I don't like this kind of linguistic laziness). Brit is shortened in exactly the same way as the other nationalities, but Paki and Jap are often considered offensive. I find that a bit strange. As terms of abuse, Paki and Jap are entirely without insulting content.