Hi, I picked up a pair of ex rental head IM70s a short while ago which I plan to take to Niseko (as yet another Aussie), the only thing is that I just noticed that the top sheet is starting to come loose a bit near the tip of the ski.

Is this ultra bad? I've talked to a few people, and they suggested just putting some epoxy resin and clamping the top sheet and the base so that water/snow doesn't go in.

Thanks \:\)

you cant take em back so do the epoxy thing.

use wood blocks and lots of expoxy. I fixed a pair of worse of 1080s before under the foot with epoxy. if in doubt put tape on the tip after if you are still worried. They should survive at least another year or 2 if you treat them right.

i have used tape before when I was ski bumming and it worked fine. Ski bums get great deals if they can wait a week or 2. The sales on the mountain like race rentals are always a plenty.

I once picked up a pair of 204 k2 slcs for 100 bucks. at the time they were gonna be rock skis but my main skis bend and the k2s got bumped to number 1. damn skinny long as..s skis.

Put some newspaper between the ski and wooden block so the block doesn't stick to the ski and sand off when dry. My board had an injury in Hakuba earlier this year. It was an interesting experience trying to get all the gear needed to operate at the local hardware. Sharades works well.