In French

http://www.infosjeunes.com/index.php?action=article&id_article=113660

One lonely skier, was found fairly quickly with his beacon but was already dead.

Second case was a guide + customer. Guide got out but customer did not and was found thanks to the beacon but was already dead.

In both cases the beacon only helped to find bodies. Seems the guide went to get help, not sure why he did not try to dig out the person himself, no details given.

Separate article in english.

http://www.terradaily.com/2005/050125203420.ukx8crug.html

If in fact the guide went for help - that would basically amount to criminal negligence. Obviously I wasn't there but regardless of how close help is by leaving the scene to go for help not only ignores one of the most critical rules of an avalanche rescue but almost certainly sentences the victim to death. The only reason I can see for that action is if they were not carrying any equipment in which case the negligence stands.

Seems to be a bit going on at the moment, lots of snow accumulating very quickly.

I don't know any details but a Japanese dude that Fattwins and I ski with sometimes was caught in a slide on the north faces at Tsugaike. Guess he was buried 90 percent but was able to dig himself out.

Had gear and even an avalung just so you know.

Got some more information

So I guess the Japanese dude jumped off a 7 metre rock and when he backslapped set off a big slide. It slid for about 100 metres. He wasn't moving and so his friends thought he was unconsious. All they could see was his helmet and ski boots.

thats all i know for now. Again getting on those skis and having all the balls in the world does nothing. ken needs to learn more basics and if he did jump off something like that he is just stupid, he aint that good and that area is a death trap.

It starts out really nice but then funnels into a tight chute packed with trees.Danz stile trauma if you slid through that. But you would probably get hung up on a tree which would be kind of good.

Would be a sick run if it was more open lower down. Drop the cliff and then big hero turns to the bottom. That would be sicky sick.

I know that jump in toque and have eyed it before. Ken is an mid level jumper with bad balance on his boards. He needs to take more care if he wants to ski with me in some places. Ive been with him many times when we have had to help his butt out.

That area is bad. I got a severe concusion on one of those North Face runs last year.

Yes Ken is a mid level jumper. He is a mid lever skier as well. It's amazing what those skis will do for your ego though. Your skiing level just can't keep up with what they want to do.