Awesome day on the groomers this morning at Happo. Caught the early gondola about 7:40 with some of our crew and hit skyline. First tracks down the perfect corduroy runs. Hit it till 9:45 when the lift lines were begining to have more than ten people waiting. Off to Virgin Cafe for the best hot chocolate ever. Top to bottom run and back at work by 10:30. Saw EBC heading up for her second run off the back of happo Blue sky day. Just perfect. Time for an onsen now.

Early gondola again this morning at 7:50. Wet snow at the base with about 15cm. Get to the top and its dry and about 30cm. Straight over to Skyline and we were the first ones down the ridge with deep snow and plenty of face shots. Fresh tracks every run. I will call it the best day of the season so far for on piste powder. First ones into the Saka trees Great morning. Forecast is looking good for another epic day tomorrow. I might just have to do it all again.

Some of us are living the bucolic dream.

Quoting 2pints from another thread "Working for a big nasty greedy company."

As I write this, I can look out at a snow-covered townscape, and wonder of wonders, it's snowing.

"BEST DAY OF THE SEASON"

Early gondola again 8:10 am at Happo. 30-40 cm of powder. Fresh tracks all day.

"BEST ONSEN OF THE SEASON"

Following on from my awesome day of pow I returned back to my place for an onsen to soothe my weary bones.

"BEST BLT OF THE SEASON"

Nothing better than a good feed after a massive day on the mountain

All up a pretty fine day \:D

Another great morning up on Happo. 30cmm fell up top and about 10 lower down. I jumped into my favourite tree runs for the first time this season. The snow had been falling all morning and the sky is starting to clear now. Fresh tracks and face shots for breakfast 3 days in a row. \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
 Quote:
Originally posted by TJ OZ:
I have a date with some trees.
lol.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
The date went really well this morning at 47 and I think I'm in love. Plenty of fresh tracks and some wind drifts which were a lot of fun. No one around. I have another date tomorrow at Happo.

speaking of dates. Yesterday was a romantic day all to my lonesome. Then some new face popped in.

Who's the guy I made eye contact with just before I poached what you thought was YOUR snow?

Honestly... people thinking they can impose themselves on my secret honey. She called me, you know. You were just passing by and never should have peaked over the fence like that!!!

I feel like I caught some dude moving in.

I am sorry but I must admit I have cut some lunches in my time. As recently as Monday in fact when I had no speed left to move along a cat track so I had no other option than to drop in as this guy was contemplating his next move. You snooze you lose. The guy just couldn't close the deal so I came in under the radar and was clutched by the heart of the sweetest lady white. I heard a faint cry over my shoulder as I was swept away in a powdery cloud. Even now you can see the place marked by the frozen tears of love lost.

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ OZ:
....so I had no other option than to drop in as this guy was contemplating his next move. You snooze you lose.
lol.gif i did that on monday too lol, right down a nice avi gate line thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif sweeet as.

TJ - i have a copy of the newspaper, your hair looks well messy in the photo, sort it out bruv. ps - gym?
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
pics of the article anyone?

(is it just me, or is TJ OZ the most photographed and videotaped Gaijin in Hakuba!?!?!)
:D I was actually in another article today with another mug shot. I was at a protest meeting about a new rubbish dump they are trying to start up in Hakuba. I will be running for Mayor as soon as I can put two words together. :p

Out this morning at Happo. We were dropping into some north face trees. Sun was out, no wind, sluffing sections. Some great pow still to be found Investigated some new lines that I had been eyeing off since last year. Top morning session.