Well, Kagura was pretty sweet - however not much of the mountain was open due to strong winds \:o . I arrived at around 10a and it was still snowing lightly - by the time I got on the mountain, there were no fresh tracks to be had - but the snow was light and fluffy - was dryer than I expected. The winds weakened in the afternoon and at 2pm they opened the Kagura gondola. I headed up, only to find that no other lifts were open. There was plenty of fresh pow up top for those willing to hike up and a few did...Anyone who gets there for first lifts tomorrow will be riding fresh tracks in knee deep pow up top (unless they decide to groom the crap our of it).

SirJibAlot, I was one of the few that got first lines on the easy slope under the gondola. I was there at 8:30 am climbed to the top about 1Km and floated back down, met the groomer on the way down. I took a few pics with my keitai. I also went poaching where everybody else was doing it, though it was my first time. I was pretty bad but had fun.

I was in Yuzawa before last weekend, friends were at Kandatsu and so I spent half a day there. Wasn't very good at all. I think you need to go higher this season to get the decent stuff. There weren't many people there, it felt quite sad actually.

I was at Kandatsu with friends yesterday.

The snow was pretty bad - icy and very thin on the ground. A few runs were also not open (like the far top right one that is half bare). Bit if a sorry state actually, especially after the madness of last year.