I'm finding more and more I end up having lunch earlier if I start early and later if I start from 9 onwards if i'm on piste.... Crowds seem to evaporate from 12 till 1:30. But the break is good for the legs. But does anyone else fell unco (well more unco than usual) for 2 or 3 runs or is it just me???

This is a BIG question for sure. For me, I try to make a habit of stretching regulary, ride with a camelback (hydration is key), keep rice balls and gummi's in my pockets (cuz I don't stop for lunch if there's snow worth riding til after 4), and finally MUSIC (I have an old Creative mp3 player).

I only like riding powder and trees. If you start making lazy turns, there are serious consequences. But, I find upbeat music keeps me energetic and moving my body, resulting in less mistakes. Also, it depends on who you ride with. When I ride with lazy friends, i get lazy...energetic friends can take the place of music for me.

If I kick off at nine and don't spend too long having lunch, then stopping at 4 is a good day's skiing, and no shame. I totally agree with whoever it was who said stop - everyone starts hitting the wall at that stage, so better to quit for the day and be ready for the next.

I also try and not hang around for lunch or take a sit-down afternoon break. The warm air in the rest places just makes you instantly sleepy and all motivation ebbs away...

Yeah there needs to be more eateries with outdoor eating - like europe. that solves the warm air thing.... Probably not relevant on the north island though....

If they had mars bars too that'd make it better

A Mars A Day Helps You Work, Rest and Play

Nozawa is a little village nestled (ahhhh) at the bottom of the skijo. Onsen, narrow roads on slopes, decent looking place - and the skijo which is great in itself. It's one of those places that (almost) everyone who goes to likes. \:\)