"Do you ride BC groomers or park?"

Powder if possible, so trees/bc. I'd hike a bit for good turns but don't want to spend half the day walking since my ski days are few and far between. No park... Can't do no tricks.

powder days at kagura, the locals show up with fat skis and swallowtails, they the rip the stashes from the get-go and then it's all tracked-out in an hour or two.

you'll probably face less competition at a different Yuzawa resort, like Ishiuchi or Kandatsu, etc.

Kagura is the most consistent place in Yuzawa by far, and especially so this season with the less than great conditions and relative lack of powder around. I'd just go up there get on the first ropeway up (Mitsumata) and head over to Kagura.

So if you can follow the leads ger, if you wanna ride pow in kagura you have to be there the next morning after a decent snowfall and get on the 7:30 gondola to go up. Arriving at 9:00 means that you will be riding tracks. Especially this year that there is not really that much snow almost everyone in the yuzawa area heads towards kagura so it get relatively faster tracked than other seasons.

I would choose Naeba. It is more immediate than Kagura which sometimes seems to take an age to get to. If you want just the courses as well I think Naeba easy wins. And if it is a weekday there shouldn't be problems really with crowds.

I know what you mean about Naeba though PJem. It does take a while to get over to Kagura. About 30 minutes or so to get to the top of Kagura from the top of the Mitsumata ropeway maybe? The courses are all quite spread around as well if you are keeping to them, so Naeba is much more compact in that sense. For trees though..

Kagura sounds like the place, depending on conditions at the time. I'll take the Shink up the day before and stay at... ...Naeba? ...Yuzawa? ...or near the bottom of the Mitsumata ropeway? The goal is to get to the top as early as possible...

I would say either Yuzawa and take the first bus in the morning or stay at one of the small minsuku in Mitsumata. If you plan to stay at Mitsumata definetly eat and do your shoping at Yuzawa before going there. The only place you can eat at Mitsumata closes at 9 and there is no kombini around either.