Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
I don't know about Toko, I usually use OneBallJay. Seems to work well, no complaints here...

-SJA
Where are you getting OneBallJay in Japan? Or did you bring a bunch over with you? I've never seen it here, even in specialty shops.

Alright Samurai - just for you....

Fresh wax job tonight in preparation for my trip to Nisseko next weekend - I scraped the hell out of my board, put a nice structure on with a brush, and a polished it up with not one but TWO scotch bright pads of varying coarseness. We'll see how she runs.

I don't really know the temperature to expect up there, but I figured Hokkaido=cold....I melted on a -3 to -6 of some left over Galium wax I had laying around. I leave in 3 days....

mmmm. structure...

don't slip on your bum in the lift line. and I look forward to hearing how easy it was and how you're not exhausted.

If you notice nothing, then we're all a bunch of worthless know-nothings who should be on sheets of ply-wood. Have fun in hokkaido, *cough-prick-cough*

It's a short trip, flying up on Sat...hitting the mountain Sun/Mon, flying back on Tues. I'll take some pics and post them for Samurai to drool over...that is if I don't slip and break my leg in the lift line from such a high performance wax job ;\)

Hey samurai, great info. I read your "rant" carefully and went out and waxed my boards. It was the best home done wax job I've ever had! They were rocket ships. thumbsup.gif

I always wondered what wax really did.

One question: If after a days riding you still have some wax on the boards, is it feasible to just redo the structure?