They are not compulsory in Australia either, just highly recommended, depends how much you like your kids head I guess.

Besides the obvious safety of a helmet, they also help in keeping kids warm and they are way better for holding goggles in position.

I have never allowed my kids to ski without a lid, the risk is just to high, after being on , mountain the morning a child lost their life a few years ago after sliding into a tree, I really believe it should be compulsory however ask yourself why is it you make them wear a lid on a bike, skiing is far more dangerous, oh and a lot more fun as well.

Buy or hire them a lid (Helmet) and while your at it, get one for yourself as well, my helmet is every bit as much part of my skiing kit as my gloves are

tried a couple on, liked the giros but way out of me

budget, the bad lieutenant fit well but it had no ventilation, but it looked bad yes it did. if I got a bonus I would've splurged on the giro.

Quote:
just two words. 'personal choice'
The kids don't get a choice when it comes to a helmet. It's my way or they don't ski.
The only choice they get is what flavor ice cream with or without sprinkles.

Saw X games 06 yesterday, a repeat. The ladies pipe competition.

One of the girl competitors was not wearing a helmet, she was in 9th place and on her second run, had to go for it. She missed a 540 and fell, hit her head on the ice, goggles, woolly hat flew off. On the slow mo, she slammed her head hard.

Kids watch this on ESPN. I hope they see the use of a helmet is at the least sensible.