Yeah, Sunday at Kagura was extremely crowded (no wonder with all the people itching to start their seasons, but most resorts in the area being closed from lack of snow). Never seen a line like that at the ticket booth and ropeway and extremely crowded main runs after midmorning. Tashiro area was less crowded for a while until the Kagura refugees showed up :p Still, some courses had decent snow, while others were icebahn, and still others lacked snow.

• 3 weeks later...

Haukba this weekend was quite the shindig.

Met a bunch of SJers at Fattwins`s place, and enjoyed the breeze on skyline before it got shut down on Sunday.

Rode pow Sunday and Monday, with a posse and a fish.

Funny walk contests, dogs drinking at the bar, zebra skier hunting, switch powder riding, and a little mini-ramp sk8ing at Tsugaike were all part of the gong show.

Thanks to all my roommates for not snoring!

It was pretty much ok. I didn’t go through 148 Nat. and Chuo-ko, but rather I preferred to go through 33 Nat. and Shinetsu/Kanetsu-ko. Half the way towards Nagano the road condition was not that good, but after the part you have to pay 200 yen to pass they had cleaned the snow and was ok.

We were at slow`s place by 10:30 and also had a 20 min kamameshi brake at Yokokawa SA on the way.

IC card tolls are cheap during the evening, it took us only 2900 from Koshoku IC to Nerima.

Has it cleared up today? The top should be great today-tomorow.

We got out to Kurobushi Kogen at about the crack of noon. About 80cm of fresh snow over the weekend would seem about right. There was too much chop, and early visibility was too poor for No2, who gave up after one run.

It cleared up, and No1 and I spent a couple of hours playing on fresh dry snow. It were luvley.