So, thanks to some of you here, and due to several other factors, we've decided we'll be staying in Hakuba for 3 months!! clap.gif

Next step... Accommodation... There's a couple of neat places on the main site here that I've already contacted, but do any of you have any oppinions about any of the places? Anything to recommend?

The very most we could afford is 75,000 yen a month, but we'd prefer not to. Though please, any recommendation in any price catagory is welcome.

Thanks alot guys, planning this trip without Snow Japan would have been an impossible task...

there are many backpackers around Hakuba - prolly more than I know of cuz of all the new foreigners looking to invest there. 2 main areas Id say would be Goryu/47 and Happo. You cant go wrong with either but personally I prefer the Happo side...seems to have much more action such as more onsens, restaurants, bars. Thats just my opinion though.

Backpacker places should be able to give you a much better rate as many places are 3000/night and loads have monthly rates as well. Id imagine, just a guesstamate, that you could get a monthly rate for 50,000ish. Email all the places you've looked at and ask and see what rate they'll give you, how close they are to lifts, blah blah blah.

See ya up there cool.gif

• SnowJapan Admin

It does not seem to create a problem for over 99.5% of the 200,000 plus posts on our Forums and the vast majority of people here.

Can I please stress that one more time > more than 99.5% of posts on our Forums go untouched. Probably much more, close to 100%.

Sorry, but there is one thing that we getting more strict on ---- we are not going to discuss this kind of thing in public on the Forums.

I have tried to explain in the mail that I sent you previously. If you have a problem, please mail us.

We do not want to cause a fuss, we do not do anything for fun or to create an issue. We have carefully thought out guidelines and realise that some people may not agree with them. However we think they are in the large picture for the good of the forums. The less issues there are the happier we are. But we respectfully ask that people using these Forums stick to the guidelines and policies we have.

Thank you.