Hi,

I am from Canada and never ski in Japan before. We mostly ski in Canada and US and my family took ski lessons from day 1 of our skiing so we are used to learn with either the US (PSIA) OR the Canadian (CSIA) teaching method.

Every year my daughter from Hong Kong will join us to Ski in Canadian West, but next year we have idea to Ski in Japan. Do you have any good suggestions which resort has better Ski school with either PSIA or CSIA certified instructors??

Any good advise is appreciated.

im from mississauga, richmon hill is quite close.

If you come most of English instructors based in Hakuba or Niseko are CSIA or New zealand level 1s NZ level ones are equal to a CSIA level 1.5.

Decide what are you are going to ski and ill give you a list of places to call.

Hi Fattwins,

I think we are just 20 minutes by car!!

Most probably we will go to Niseko since my wife's main interest is not Skiing, and it is usually more convenient to go there with lots of luggage, skies etc for 4 persons from Canada!! Actually this is one of the reason that we dont consider Skiing in Japan until now.

Do you think they have level III instructors?? As Ski instructors below level III is not certified to teach mogul.

Where do you ski in Toronto?

Coming to Japan to ski moguls is definitly not whats normal

But to each his own I guess

This place is turning into a travel agency

All these people giving out travel information

The next step is SJ selling package tours and even flights

I skied at Blue mountain/glen eden I now live in Hakuba Japan.

If you go to niseko dont go for the instruction go for the snow. Spend your extra cash on fat skis and go nuts in any powder there.

I think the highest level that you will find in Japan will be level 2 NZ but most of us are avie qualified or trained and can out ski ski instructors and laugh and them.lol

I teach but I only have my level 1 I could easily pass my level 2 and 6 years ago I was out skiing the whole ski school at the resort I worked at. Too be honest the best skiers never become instructors because there is more to life and sking than that one bloody turn.

Ok rant over SAS

NAC

DBD tour I think try those searches for instructors

Thanks for your advice Fattwins.

Yes, I think I have better forget taking ski instructions in Japan. My ski history is only 5 years so I am still taking ski lessons regularly at Blue Mountain & Mt. St. Anne.

My "widest" ski is Elan Magfire 10, Any good Ski rental shop in Niseko??

There is a big old fat man that coaches olympic swimmers at the pool I used to go to. Some of the people he trained won medals. Im pretty sure I could swim better than that old fat man, if only I was the coach for the olympic team they would do so much better. ;\)