Ah yeh thanks for clarifying that spud... i get confused. Still 10m is solid. I don't think i've ever seen anyone do a true 10m drop. Maybe on a video....maybe... However i think i do tend to undersize things due to years of looking at 4m wave faces and calling them 4-6ft....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the drops in japan are nothing compared to what you can hit in canada.

tight spacing 4 meter or 5 meter dropmore if you think how far youll fly. This is my favorite area on a dump day i live for these drops. This is mid to smallish in the area.

toque_112.jpg

I do have my moments eh

2-3 meters is plenty space for a take off

And if the snow is deep enough it's plenty big enough for the landing

I didn't think that way when I first got to Japan though. A few fat lips here and there and I learned how to get my hands up in front of my face for the tighter lines

Quote:
most of the drops in japan are nothing compared to what you can hit in canada.
Very true.... I love dropping cliffs/rocks and was a bit disappointed with what Hokkaido had to offer in that area. But I suppose that's what happens when it snows 10m - 15 meter drops become 4-5 metre drops.

I think that sometimes the smaller cliffs can be fun if you want to try spins/new grabs etc

Here is the biggest drop I could find in Niseko \:D

dsc00077oe8.jpg

Toque - that's understandable...

Plan on riding Happo and Goryu/47 for the majority of the 3 weeks so hopefully i'll be able to get into a few during my time there.

There really is nothing like sliding up to the edge of a drop and experiencing that moment where the ground suddenly drops away and you find yourself falling, falling into oblivion...

especially if it's an unexpected drop. I aired off a dam last year thinking it was a meter high mogul. as soon as I cleared it and looked down it was 'oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!' luckily it was only 3 or 4 meters into pow