I was in some shops today trying on ski boots and my favourites (in terms of feel) were Technica Diablo Flame Ultrafit.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with Technica (those or similar) boots?

I have the Tecnica Rivals. I like the hotform which is used initially to cast the last into your shape. Thereafter, you can plug it in at night to dry out and warm for the next morning. More a gimmick than anything as normal boot driers do a better job.

Depending on the year of the diablo, my friend had his crack cos they hadn't got the paint quite right. That was 2 years ago and newer models are much better.

I had my first pair of Tecnicas for over 5 years, a pair of TNRs, slightly softer than TNTs, they rocked, until they cracked around the ankles, but that was after more than 150 days skiing.

I bought a pair of Tecnica ICON ALU hot forms and they rock even more! Great fit, snug around my whole foot, I can ski with them done up all day, warm as, and you can crank them up tight or ski with them half undone, great performance.

Hot Form, I though it was a bit of a gimmick, but the fit is awesome after they "moulded" to my foot and last winter when I was at Mammoth the SUV had a power jack in the rear and I plugged those bad boys in.....ahhhhh, nothing like putting on warm boots!! \:\)

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_section.php?userid=woollyman

Quote:
my friend had his crack
Is this a common thing? for that particular make or for boots in general? A friend of mine a few seasons back had his ski boots crack open, bascially fall apart, while he was out skiing. Quite dangerous it was, and he had to get from near the top of the resort down to the car park basically skiing on 1 ski.