• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but spud isn't my nickname. No one has ever called me spud. It is a very Aussie nickname.

I have loads of spare time on my hands because I do not work like a slave in the office. It will not serve me well in my current career but that's ok, I have almost no downside and.... I have other plans for the future.

And yes, I am not into other forums. Ages ago I was into the splitboard forum, but I went off it. In the last year or more I doubt I have made more than 15 posts on snow forums. Sometimes I join to ask a tech or terrain question, but don't hang around. I currently do not know the login or password to any other snow forums. Funny you should mention it as I just got back from looking at the TGR forum and was overwhelmed with jealousy at a Trip Report of a couloir that a guide and I attempted last spring but decided against it as we were setting up the rope. We had even thrown the rap line down and had to pull it back up! So you see what happens? You look somewhere else and for your efforts you get as jealous as hell about someone else that pulled off the exact thing you wanted. I am stoked for other peoples success, but I hate being trapped in a place where there isn't the chance to have a crack at it day after day.

There is one simple entry in my very empty rule book: you don't progress unless you're doing it, and if amazing progress is possible in a short period of time... then do it as often as you can.

I am like a spoilt brat who hates things getting in the way of that rule. That includes work and summer.

Quote:
dude you post some great pics and TRs and have a lot of info to contribute
Thank you. Pity I can't say the same about you and your complete lack of New Zealand TR, eh ;\) We are still waiting for it.

I saw that thread Bushy and assumed she had just taken a holiday there.

EBC - I've never really considered Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England to be Europe, certainly not enough to think of Scotland when someone says "northern European". The Scottish are a good bunch, sorry to group you in with England.

Yes it's quite true the British Isles have their own non-euro culture with driving on the other side, 3 pronged plugs, the pound and general lack of continental sophistication yeh, not to mention lack of really big mountains. However, geographically of course we are Europeans. And yeh Scotland is a beautiful place, getting dark and cold in winter and in the general north direction, right next to the north sea, and the next northerly stop being Iceland. Maybe if England were not attached to us, we could say Northern Europe, instead of that shit country near France, thus somehow making us Western Europe. I prefer the North/South divide than the East/West ;\) Anyhoooo, i've changed my profile details to avoid further confusion about whether or not English is my first language. Some of my students actually think i'm from Iceland for some reason though?!

the Atomics BD skis demand that you ski them hard like a racer. cb style is not racer style thus he will not like those skis.

to add

I dont think I can ski those skis as well and I have a bit of a race background from instruction.

cb does better on a mid flexing ski do to his size and ski style. Volkl Sumo, spatula, AK Maiden, Let me look a bit around im just busy today again with work, etc etc etc.

get the PONTOON baby - you know you want it - but that's just as expensive as the BIG DADDY

check out evogear.com and getboards.com sometimes they have good deals

i bought my LINE prophets from evogear

if you wanna bribe rapie you better do it soon - the winter is coming and he won't be desperate to cut the price on the SUMO