probably the combination passes (5 man?) are better covering cortina, norikura, tsugaike, iwatake and more... that's the best deal in the valley if you wanna ride more than one resort.

i think it would suck to pay 8man for a pass to one resort, esp one that doesn't even have any features like a park thumbsdown.gif especially if you have to pay to travel into hakuba every weekend - and you'd be stuck at one place every weekend trying to make the most of the money you'd spent. you'd have to be doing the season in hakuba and really want to ride happo, to buy that pass.

well you are going to be living in hakuba so it's all good

happo is sick, i probably ski there the most out of all the mountains in hakuba

but i think the combined 5 man pass is good - you get steep lines, deep powder, trees, backcountry access and 2 parks - gives a bit of variety for people driving in from out of town

luv happo but they need to twin their passes with 47 and goryu, not feckin shiga kogen

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
7man is nothing if you consider world pass prices. sometimes we forget that really.
yeh i always think that too - european resort season passes are $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

and if ya really wanna ride happo then its ok thumbsup.gif

Not gonna happen a pass with 47 will sell for 120000 yen. 7 man is fine enough japan isnt ski bum heaven like whistler etc. 120000 passes wont sell. The cortina pass isnt bad but you are likely to get caught and loose it.

Hopefully one day they will all get together and do a multi-pass that allows you to use every mountain. I have a dream that one day all of hakuba will stand tall and become one, making it one of the biggest resorts in the world. Linking lifts right down the valley. I have a dream.

TJ

All the early bird season tix info is in the La Place free sheet you can pick up around town, in Jusco even. It's the red and black single sheet thing in Japanese, but you should be able to work it out. They have a website, but its not on there yet.

You get the distinct impression that Happo don't want to sell season tickets at all. They only started a general sale last year and they're still saying 1000 people only. The Shiga connection is a joke, but 70000 yen for what you get is not expensive. Other places are underselling themselves tbh.