why do you think this ? i can't find any info on it.

i saw it advertised on an English web site ,complete with a photo of a very small cat with wheels.

It said 35pounds for the whole cat. It looked lke it would only take a few people.

like to know more.

dude, you are referring to a UK ski package operator for gads sake. Some of the most clueless effers on Earth. The Brits are obsessed with ski packages like the Japanese are obsesses with bus tours. Neither produce a good product. I shit you not, British ski forums have multi-page threads discussing tour/package operators! It is so lame its floppy.

I don't know much about a rustusu cat. But I was at the (surprisingly tiny) Niseko train station at the beginning of the year and I can tell you for sure that there is a Niseko cat (very friendly as well...came up to me purring loudly and sat on my lap for a picture!).

As for the snow-cat variety, I read something about it in a travel brochure and i'm sure if you enquired about it at a tour operator or the Rusutsu Hotel they could hook you up a cat-ride. But as Fattwins said, go for a hike - it's more rewarding. cool.gif

hahaha you may be right there! I wouldn't have noticed cos I was just so happy to see someone in Niseko who wasn't bloody Aussie!

Either way, that's the closest i got to any pussy cat during my trip!

the snowmobiles at Rusutsu are at the bottom of East Mountain Centre Station. They operate in the "snowmobile land", a set of trails through the trees and some wide open fileds.

It's a guided tour meant to be a break from your skiing or boarding. Full details and booking from the resort hotel.

thursday....just re-read what i wrote and it's somewhat confusing.

i meant to say that the cat was like me: not on a package tour with ski japan (as many aussies i met there were). I was travelling freelance in Niseko, ie not with ski japan. Sorry about that.

From what I saw of ski japan though, they appeared to be pretty organised and efficient. Looked like they had plenty of minibuses and certainly no shortage of personnel so i can infer that the service looked pretty immaculate. What did you think of ski japan's service when you made your booking?

I've seen the rusutsu cat tour in the JAL brochure too Mantas. I think you should go to a travel agent and get them to organise it for you... saves all the hassle and gives you some kind of guarantee...

more curious than anything else snosurf. i'm suprised no one has ever heard of it or been on it or anything.

Travel agents around here are about as handy as a choclate teapot !

Half of them wouldn't even know you could ski in Japan.