Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Are there lots of people there who thrust their stubbly jaw into your face, poke you in the chest, and growl "We're raght friendly oop 'ere, not lahk you snooty Sootherners!!"?
well not exactly, but the accent up here is equally vulgar, and a similar attitute seems to persist.
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been offered a one month gig at Appi. Before calling them back I've been searching thru the threads here to read about it. As long as the gig conditions are okay, it sounds like I should take it - probably a good place to practice simple tree skiing, with nice snow.

But they want me there from 20 dec - 20 Jan. Xmas time is prime income time for me, so I have to see what I can negotiate with them, cos I might not be able to get there over Xmas. I'd rather go just after then, quite likely that there may not be much (any?) skiable snow before Xmas anyway.... But January should rock up there for snow.

Thanks soub, I just talked to them. Turns out the manager at Appi was a former manager at Rusutsu (where I've worked before) and he requested me for the gig, so hopefully this will give me a little negotiating power. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hey Zaoman, that one would be solo piano/vocal lounge gig.

2 pints if you're interested let me know, I'll PM you a link where you can check it out. Also, the chillout group I'm in is putting out a 2nd one in November, and one of the songs on my album is getting remixed for the club scene. Now, if only I could make my living from this stuff instead of all the other kinds of gigs I have to do..... Ski resort gigs can be great. I hope I can get on this one....

Everything is free - free lift pass, free accomodation, free food (at least breakfast and dinner). And of course the gig is in the evening so there's nothing to do all day, so I have to find something to pass the time, so hey, why not ski......