Hey guys and girls

Next year me and 3 of my mates will be taking our first trip to Japan (Finally)

Now since it is our first trip i am unable to convinve them to spend all 3 weeks at the snow \:\( but i am planning to head to Shiga Kogen and stay there on January 26th-30th 2007.

Now i was wondering what would you suggest a good place to stay?

I have bugeted myself to about AUS$2000 (plus or minus a bit) for the 5 night. This would hopefully cover ski hire, food, lift tickets and of course accomodation and social life.

Now i've seen alot of different places (most from this site \:\) ) but i have no idea what to choose?

As i have no friends who ahve ever been to Japan i am at a loss as to where to stay and in what vilage.

I was just hoping that a seasoned SK regular or someone who has been there a few times could possibly point me in the right direction.

Also the 4 of us are taking Japanese lessons second semester so we should be able to string together enough to get past (mayby \:D )

Any help would be awesome \:\)

your budget should be more than enough. What level are you and your mates? Do you all ski? Board?

I can only suggest you stay away from Yokoteyama as there are a million kids there at that time. Think last year there were maybe 10+ schools inlcluding mine. The mtn there itself is pretty boring too if youre advanced. Its more of a beginner/low intermediate skier.

Sorry, dont know bout places to stay on the other side but Yakebitai area might be your best bet to ski.

Quote:
Originally posted by jrkernal:

Literally anything is helpful \:\)

Thanks
The floor in the Tsugaike Kogen coin-locker area is often wet. If you catch the bus there then expect to use it. You could stand on your ski bag to preserve your dry socks and thus enjoy a better day of riding.