• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that 18-200 lens, I am so glad I paid a bit extra to get that one. \:\)

Has he not given a reason for a switch thursday?

Still, still got a sly eye on that fisheye. As much as I know it might just be a novelty, I can see myself getting it one of these days.

the hood falls off all the time...if you aim down then the barrel 'creeps' out

basically I got it to be my do it all lens but I've got enough other better lenses that I don't use it. It takes great shots though, and the vr really helps out indoors

soubs, for what it is, a F3.5, it's a really expensive lens. But it's got the traveller/holiday range.

AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED, a compact, lightweight 11.1x zoom lens that is ideal for everyday photography and incorporates advanced features such as Nikon ED glass, SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and enhanced VR (Vibration Reduction), as well as featuring optics optimized for use with Nikon digital SLRs.

The lens offers users the remarkable 18-200mm focal length range, which conveniently covers everything from wide landscapes to tight portrait shots. (The picture angle is equivalent to a 27-300mm lens in 35mm format.) Advanced Nikon engineering has given rise to a compact lightweight design that offers excellent handling characteristics.

well, what you lose in fstops you make up with vr so shooting lowlight isn't a problem. the only thing you lose is the bokeh of a f2.8 (but you can still get bokeh)

and you do get vignetting at lengths greater than 100mm with an fstop of lower than f8

I'm not sure. I first noticed on some zoom shots and did some research and found Ken Rockwell wrote about it

it's a nice do-it-all lens if you don't have the interest or funds in pro gear (ie 17-55/70-200/primes). It's also a lot more discreet than carrying around the 70-200!