Sick sick pics DB. You have been very busy indeed! Bet you are dreading the new job in a few weeks. Take it easy and hope to hook up with you somewhere over this northern hemisphere summer.

N

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers N, the last few days were a great end to the season for me, and my camera didn't freeze up for once. I wanted to hang up there longer but didn't have anyone to tour with (the big prob with BC snow adventures... cant really do it alone). So I'm off surfing for a while (which is fine to do alone).

I sent you a mail, may even see you in June in Chamonix.

Another well written report, excellent. Your photos are supreme mate, are they all yours? what kind of camera are you using? (just curious -its seems there is a vast difference between brands and models)

The weather was very kind to you on that last trip

Paragliding does look fun, I wanted to try but when I was teenager my mums boss was a keen paraglider until he screwed up one day, my mum forbade from doing it while I was living under her roof and ever since the gloss has been taken of it for me.

Hey man thanks, but I’m a serious point and shoot lazy can’t be bothered picture taker. My only effort in snow is to point off at a really bright spot, let the auto settings kick in and then point back at my target and shoot it. This usually brings out a picture that isn’t over exposed.

My Camera is a Canon Ixus 430. They were really common a few years back. But it is too heavy and square metal bulky for my pocket. Battery is crap in the cold as well. Thinking about getting that new waterproof camera.

The weather was good for a few days but turned quite bad for the last 3 days and so we had to forget our plans for an overnight alpine hut stay and dawn start on a great spring objective.

I recon spring now offers the best riding by far, the terrain just opens up, just the weather is so difficult and varied. I have also never seen so many avalanches as in spring. Some respected av books hardly even discuss spring slides. Seems that most deaths happen in winter as that is when most people are riding. If the same number of people toured/went OP for corn in spring then I bet the av death rate would be way higher than in winter (at least at the start of spring when all the rocky crags and cornices are loaded and getting their first warming).

Nagpants – you should get your arse over there (here). It is very good training and very good fun.