A friend of mine was up at Zao on Thursday and she had a bad crash into a (naughty) tree. It was in the way.

Anyway it seems that the damage is a nastily broken leg. It could have been much worse though, seems she was going too fast for her ability on pretty hard snow and just went out of control.

I seem to have heard of a fair few accidents this time round though.

Sorry to hear about your friends leg, -20.7

Leg bones seem to be causing problems over the weekend. This guys femur was shoved up inside his torso thus puncturing his heart and lung.

Western press seems short on autopsy details, so in Swedish:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,792037,00.html

Quote:
Fallet mot den hårda snön blev så omfattande att Jonatans lårben trycktes upp i kroppen och punkterade ena lungan och hjärtat. Samtidigt slets kroppspulsådern av.

Online translation gave me this

"The case against the hard snow became to sow extensive that Jonatans femurs were printed up in the body and point row unite the lung and hjärtat. Concurrent was toiled kroppspulsådern of."

confused.gif Well, now I get it. lol.gif

Glider - Swedish olympian, warm up training for World Cup boardercross event in America. Very hard landing on very hard snow is cited.

Piggy - if you can't 'see' the English meaning of "punkterade ena lungan och hjärtat" then you have been studying those funny Chinese characters for too long ;\)

A guy smashed into a tree at Zao yesterday, broke all of his ribs and smashed his skull. He died a short while after in the hospital of head injuries. Wasn't wearing a helmet.