LIFT TICKETS - we have some extra ones! Read this if you want one

• SnowJapan Moderator

We have a limited number of lift tickets that were part of our Giveaways until now but have not been claimed - and so we would like to give those away to some lucky Forums types.

Here's how to enter. Please read this very carefully - if you don't follow our instructions, your mail will be ignored! \:\)

We have a few lift tickets for the following resorts:

>> Hakuba 47

>> GALA Yuzawa

>> Ryuo Ski Park

>> Iwappara

>> Joetsu Kokusai

>> Pine Ridge Kandatsu

HOW TO ENTER:

1) Send us an email to editor@snowjapan.com.

2) The subject line of the mail should be LIFT TICKET.

3) In the mail, write the following:

- Your real name;

- Your Snow Japan Forums handle name;

- Your full postal address

4) Write the name of 1 of the resorts listed above. Just 1!

5) Write some totally sincere comments about SJ (....but don't go overboard though!).

----------------

We will collect the mails today and choose the lucky winners at 5pm today. We will email those people to let them know before 6pm today and post the tickets tomorrow morning.

How's that then?

Thanks

Thanks very much for the chance to win, Snow Japan!

I already sent my entry in, only 1 resort, it would have been nice to know how many tix for each resort are available, seeing as how Fattwins and Creek Boy are going for Hakuba 47.

Also, I like the drawing rather than the first come first served method, many people can't watch in real time and it is more fair to them.

Cheers,

• SnowJapan Moderator

Strangely enough some people who enter our giveaways:

a) don't give us a valid email address (it gets bounced)

B) ignore our "you've won" e-mail

c) don't give us a full postal address (and the ticket gets returned to us)

So we have some left over. Those are these, if that makes sense.

Interestingly enough, when e-mailing a forum member, my mailer (gmail) refused to send it, I got around it by sending it via another account.

Aggressive spam filters sometimes give a false positive for a legitimate mail, and people only periodically check junk mail.

And interestingly enough, many gaigin don't know their own real addresses...all those funny Chinese characters or something.

• SnowJapan Moderator

That may well be the case. But with respect these are really not our problems, are they.

Emails - we send using normal email, not via the forum. It is probably a good idea to put our editor email address in any Friends list if you hope and expect to hear from us.

Addresses - we are extremenly clear in the mail that we send to winners that they need to provide us with their full postal address as we don't resend bounced post. It's quite clear as anyone who has ever got one of those mails will say.

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by nagpants:
What sort of total fool doesn't know their own address (especially when being asked for it to send a prize!)
The kind who doesn't get the ticket...

hey no fair!

protest.gif

I was working and unlike some hobos on this forum I dont have the luxury of cruising the net during worktime, I actually have to do something.

How about an early morning or evening comp next time and let the rest of us have a crack.

please.gif

• SnowJapan Moderator

No fair? \:\(

We perhaps mistakenly thought we were being kind in trying to distribute a few remaining tickets to our readers. We had a very limited time to do that (for a number of reasons) - the tickets had to be in the post by yesterday evening. The other alternative would be to do nothing, but as it is a few people can now go out and enjoy the snow.

There are plenty more "weekly" giveaways coming up, so please enter those and I hope you can win something there.

Unfortunately it seems that whatever we do, we get accused of being unfair (or other things). \:\( But please, we don't think it is justified in this case!

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
hey no fair!
protest.gif
I was working and unlike some hobos on this forum I dont have the luxury of cruising the net during worktime, I actually have to do something.
How about an early morning or evening comp next time and let the rest of us have a crack.

please.gif
I think Treeboy needs a hug :p anybody? lol.gif

Thanks SJ - you guys are great!! \:D clap.gif \:D