I am going to be snowboarding in Japan from the 14 until the 22. I realize it is subjective, but looking for advice on a area or resort to board. I am a advanced boarder so their needs to be a good mountain(s) in the area, but I also love good nightlife and action. Thinking of the Nagano area because of its proximity to Tokyo, but there are a dump load of resorts to choose from in Nagano. Any help would be appreciated. If you also know of a place to stay that is fun that would be great because I am traveling alone. Thanks again.

I am not commited to any area of Japan. The only thing I am commited to is flying in and out of Tokyo on the 14th and 22nd. So I guess I am limited by distance from Tokyo to make it worthwhile. I was thinking Nagano area because I heard it is close, fun and plenty of mountains to choose from.

Oh, does anyone have a recommendation for a place to stay. I heard there are some fun places to stay there. One I noticed searching the forum is Hakuba Alps Backpackers. Since I traveling alone I was hoping to meet some people at my hotel. My price range is up to 7000 yen.

Staying there or at another backpackers is a good way to meet people, get useful info, and generally have a fun time. If you go to a hotel or pension you're far less likely to get to know anyone else staying there, even if you do speak Japanese.

For someone in your position Joho you can't go wrong at one of the backpacker places-they're all good fun places to stay and are run by good people.