I'm going to Hakuba from tomorrow, but a bit worried about the snow..... you think there's enough, or maybe I should wait a bit?

Damn good question, I wish I knew the answer. I'm watching my pennies right now cos I'm still trying to get to Canada to do an all mountain ski camp sometime next month - 5 days of 6 hrs instruction daily, complete with video analysis. I could also learn a lot in J-Land with a few powder lessons, but I want to finally get my boots properly fitted and to get properly aligned. That's something I've not been able to get sorted out in my time here in J-land and it's been a total pain in the butt every time I ski. Some people seem to be able to buy boots that naturally fit them well a lot better than others. I'm one of those "others". The full-on instruction in Toque-land would be wonderful also. So I might wind up in Fernie for a week or so. Currently trying to see if there's any way I can contra a gig or some performances for accomodation. Assuming I can get myself there, after that I'm sure I'll be really fired up to hit the J-slopes and the trees as long as I can scramble the cash in amongst a couple of other upcoming OS trips.

(Of course, if ever you come to Tokyo again sometime, PM me.)