First I gotta say I had a great time once again toque ripping it up with yah. I love sking with good skiers cause you can or think you can push yourself more.

Yama C.B. Good times too just gotta get you to think positive and I think that happened at tsugaike.

Nozawa went off mostly boot and a bit of above the knee in sheltered areas. great bonded snow pack allowed us to ski the steepest stuff out there.

Tsugaike was a bit different knee to thigh but the pack was unsettled......so

I caught taken for a 50 meter+ sluff avie ride. Here is how I made my mistake.

Back chutes of my home mountain

1 cut the top and got into a safe zone.

2 toque did the same.

3 jumped in off of a rock and was enjoying some deep turns.

4 saw the second air and cut hard across most of the chute. mistake one.

5 jumped and cut hard back across the chute to set up for the next and last bottom air. mistake two

6 slowed down a bit to set up (spot a bit) the last jump which can be big. mistake three

7 got hit from behind by sluff at least 30 cms all of the last storm pretty much, heavy weight very heavy.

8 was in a right turn which made the next safe zone 5 meters and an uphill battle away. mistake four.

9 could not make it up over the side and into the trees so was knocked into a toilet position.

10 grabbed a small tree and hung on for about 2 secs till it ripped me down. this maybe kept me from being buried a bit deeper

11 went for a 50meter+ride to the bottom and ended up buried up to my waist.

all told I lost a pole and that was it.

as toque put in his journal I did poor sluff management. willu use the radios more in case of a slide next time.

We all do that though. Even the pros make mistakes dealing with their sluff.

I got hit by my sluff as well on that first run at Tsugaike when I also cut back across the chute. It is amazing how powerful and fast it can be. Mine was just a bit of sluff. The power of your slide must have been amazing.

And it was a great weekend if I havn't already said it before. Thanks Fattwins, Yamakashi and Slow. Good times wave.gif