Hi , I was hoping for some help on where I should go snowboarding in Japan.

i want to ride steeper, deeper and little more the challenging terrain.

ideally terrain similar to the section 'future proof' movie that is out this year

set backs are i am coming in second half of December. so with that in mind does any one have any suggestions?

also how is getting accomadtion on budget like in these areas?

Thanks for any info

hopefully more than 2 weeks but not 100%, my way of getting there may have some restrictions so if I can stay longer I will but if I cant I gotta go.

As for BC experience, i would say it's up there , I have played in the backcountry for almost my entire 12 year stay in Whistler, weather on foot/snowshoe/yupi or skidoo I have travel these mountain pretty good.

when i say i want the steeps I realize it's early but i just dont want to get stuck in a mellow zone, Im not really looking for above tree line steeps just at the least a mountain with good fall line.

I read some stuff on the teton site that hinted hakuba. Any thoughts or info on that place

I got the Futureproof DVD a couple of weeks back for a bit of pre-season amp. All the footage filmed in Alaska is off the hook and must be seen to be believed. Nice Niseko section as well. Sweet riders and great soundtrack. Highly recommended for taking freestyle riding to big mountain terrain.

If it's steep and challenging stuff you're after I also recommend Hakuba over Niseko. But as Toque and Fattwins say Dec is a bit early. Also, budget accommo may be tight at that time of year. I suggest u get onto it pretty soon.

yes future proof is the best one Ive scene yet for taking to it the next level and actually being a good film rather than just a bunch of clips and music.

The DCP/Mueller part is why i am so stoked to be coming there. I am not really looking for alpine steeps this time of year, More tree skiing and varied terrain like in the movie.

It sounds like Ill be checking Hakuba

Thanks