Just a question for the wordly of you. Am now back in europe but want to do some early season skiing, anyone know of any good places or any european based ski forums where i can ask? All the ones i found dont have anyone posting on them so have to rely on dear old snow japan.

How does early season prices compare and how early is the first decent snow of the year in Europe?

Don't know of any forums, but some friends have told me that parts of the alps have received up to a metre in the last couple of days. snow-forecast.com seems to support this.. .

Perhaps somewhere around Europe Alps, I guess. Zermatt, Chamonix, Valle d'Aosta or Corcina d'Anpezzo..?

How about Scandinavia? I think Lillehammer in Norway is the place in 1996(?) winter olimpic? Or Sweden also has some nice slopes, I hear.

Good luck!

No, we had the olympic here in 1998 sava.

We hang a Canadian flag with some signature which the guests put.

The signature says "1998" and I always see it so can never forget when.

And I think Lillehammer Norway in 1994, Albertville France in 1992 and Calgary Canada in 1988.

Torino is close to home. May have to swing by. Was told by friends my hometown will post its candidacy for 2018.... ahahah bit far but never know. Btw, the Italians have done an incredible job in infrastructure improvements (esp. roads for access) for the winter olympics, quite impressive: well done!

As for the early season snow, I think Sava's advice is the right one. Just choose the proper drop-down menu n should be easy.

Quote:

How does early season prices compare and how early is the first decent snow of the year in Europe? [/QB]
If you book a package then the 2 weeks before christmas can be ridiculously cheap, but there might not be a drop of snow if you are unlucky. So pick a place with a glacier.

Tignes, Val d'Isere, La Plagne, Chamonix, Les Arcs, Val Thorens, L2Alpes, Alpe dHuez, Crans-Montana, Verbier, Zermat, Saas-fee, Laax, Silvaplana, Engelberg, Kaunertal, Stubaital, Hintertux, Pitztal, Solden, Ober/Hoch Gurgl, Kaprun, Val Senales, Dachsteiner Gletscher, Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Probably still forgetting a dozen or so.

All have glaciers or are high enough that the snow usually will hold for the season once it hits the ground in december.