Greetings All!

I've just moved to Hakuba after many years in Miyazaki, and am settled in the Misorano Bessochi area.

Not knowing the area to well, I'm not sure whether to get a season pass for 47/Goryu or Happo One. I've read most of the reviews and commetn on both but buggered if I can make up my mind.

Happo-One is closer, but the pass is 7man. 47 is a bit further, but only 4.8man.

Most boarders say 47/Goryu is better, but I'm the only one boarding, rest of my family is skiing.

I heard from my daughter's teacher that the kids here get a 12,000yen pass that's valid at all ski areas. Is there any way to get hold of one for adults?

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Misorano. I guess you and I live really close!

I live at the bottom of Goryu.

In late Sep. or early Oct (if I remember right ), there's a lottery for ski passes which work for all the ski slopes in Hakuba but only 300 pieces.

I have applied for it many times in the past but have never gotten even one yet lol.......

Announced it to my clietele as well but I have not heard any of them have gotten any.

A lot of people must have applied for it!

I would update when I get the info \:\)

Thanks Gamera.

We're on Goryu Odori, above the rotary. Across from Happy Bear Pension.

I was going to get a 47/Goryu pass, but when I called they said you couldn't use it at nights. I was planning on taking the kids up in the evenings after school, but now it looks as we if we have to pay for evenings.

I think I'll be at One as Nakiyama is quite close.

Are you going to the summer jump grand Prix this weekend? I was down there this morning and they were going for broke. (First time I've ever seen it up close - Amazing)

Has Happo announced their price this year or is that last years info? They normally take a while to get their act together.

Goryu normally has a separate nighter pass for about 20 thou. Dunno about kids price.

Fattwins:

You're right, I think I'll be heading over to Happo. I've been driving around the area a lot and it seems huge. I've been over to Goryu and 47 to have a look but I s'pose you've got to get up top to appreciate it.

I run and internet travel agency that specializes in inbound tourism to Japan. As everything is online, I can work from anywhere. I got fed up in Miyazaki after being there for 15 years. In May I went up to Niseko and had a look. In June I had a look around here. Loved both places, but rental properties are scarece in Niseko, and we found an ideal place here (ex. pension). So here we are.

Mr Wiggles:

The woman at 47 said something about that, but they haven't settled on the rate yet.

Iused to ski at lot in college in NZ, but since being in Japan have only had a few days at Sugadaira and one forgettable day at Daizen in Hiroshima / Tottori.

Looking at these mountains everyday had got the blood pumping. I'm stoked to be here.

What's a "Zaru"?

Haven't heard that one before.

Got given a few bottles as going away presents. They are sitting here gathering dust.

Seem to have drunk a fair bit of wine since I've been here. Relaxing way to end the day.

A cold beer on a hot day is one of life's great pleasures.

It's pretty cool up here, and doesn't seem as nice. Maybe I should work up more of a sweat.

Only beers I've had since I've been here have been at the local Matsuri.

Hopefully a cold beer and hot bath after a hard day on the slopes will be an ideal cure for sore legs.

Can one of you guys help me out here?

I have a flashing icon on the snow forums top page saying "You have 1 unread private messages. "I click it and get redirected to the profile page. But stuffed if I can figure how to see the message from there.