I was just looking at the newspaper and saw a picture of the Murodo plain

They have plowed the road up from Toyama thumbsup.gif

I asked somebody in the office and they said that it won't be open until the end of April though thumbsdown.gif

Can anybody else verify this for me?

Refer to; http://www.alpen-route.com/topics.html#20060308

April 10 opens btwn Dentetsu-Toyama and Midagahara.

April 10 opens btwn Shinano-Ohmachi and Murodo.

April 17 opens btwn Dentetsu-Toyama and Shinano-Ohmachi (all Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route).

During April 10 thru 16, only walkings and sightseeings are allowed. (No skiing, no snowboarding or no camping.)

Thanks SnowConnection

You are always a wealth of information

Why would they only allow sightseeing during April 10-17?

Looks like I'll try and get up there for April 22/23 and 29/30 before hitting Kamikochi during Golden Week

My weekends are very quickly filling up

Still hurts every once in a while when I'm edging on firm snow but that hasn't slowed me down much. Getting out 3 or 4 days a week which makes me happy. Soon I'll have made up for missing January and parts of February.

Kamikochi is inbetween Takayama and Matsumoto on Route 158. South end of the North Alps. Steeper lines and more difficult to get into so not as busy as Tateyama. Mainly mountaineers so the ski lines arn't nearly as busy.

We camp at Raichozawa when we ski up there. Much better than taking the bus up for day trips.

> Why would they only allow sightseeing during April 10-17?

I guess;

Cos skiers/snowboarders may hit people walking with sneakers on snow and break good cameramen's tripods.

Cos camping would makes city visitors imagine homeless people. (laugh)