hey im new and jsut starting to look into snowboarding in japan. which is better? which is less crowded? is the cost about the same? middle honshu (hakuba area) or resorts on the northern island of japan?

What I would suggest doing is going though and reading some of the threads that are under the snow talk. On page 1,2,3 of the Snow talk all those questions are answered and covered in great detail \:\)

Where in Balt you from? I was just there, along with Bel Air and the Eastern Shore, in the Spring

just for vacation

im near bel air, about 20-30 minutes southwest.

i go there frequently!

last summer i was up in hakuba by happo and i have a few stickers and stuff i rode a couple gondolas and stuff and checked out some mountains but the place was pretty empty in the summer.

does anyone know how much the average lift tickets cost? when i was in japan i heard that snowboarding equipment costs alot more there than in the united states and i didnt know if lift passes were the same way.

They run about 3500-5500 yen per day. Actually heard theyre much cheaper than out in Colorodo and what not but Ive never skied in the States.

Hakuba has enough resorts and backcountry to keep many people satisfied and while the runs themselves can and usually are crazy busy, if you get into the BC you can be totally alone.

You out towards Towson way?

haha yes i live very close to towson

and am at my grandparents in towson right now

do alot of people go BC over there? i dont think its that big at the resort mountains here because if the ski patrol catches you they clip your ticket and kick you out atleast for the day. plus its alot of hiking and rocks and trees? sounds fun to get into though.

Quote:
Originally posted by a guy that likes to snowboard:
i dont think its that big at the resort mountains here because if the ski patrol catches you they clip your ticket and kick you out atleast for the day.
It's the same here. Just don't get caught

There is lots of BC skiing in the Eastern US. Most of it involves really really tight tree skiing from what I have seen.

ill have to look into it more

not that into it because none of my friends snowboard and only one ski's

do any of you go to the game centers in japan?

theres a huge one that is awesome in kawasaki

and a smaller one (ADORES) that i chilled at alot last summer in kamata

We never joke about the opp, lol. Dude that girl has issues with me cause I liked the booze a bit more than her for a while. Then when she added 2 kilos I said "you have a little belly". Dude she now says that I mentally abused her and called her fat. Dude i cant abuse anyone.