if you want to buy in Japan, might be able to find discounts now, but have less selection of sizes, colors, etc. if you wait till closer to next season, you'll probably have better selection but pay higher prices.

if you really know what you want, might be cheaper buying overseas if the shipping fee is not too high.

I have found out that there are 2 periods’s that the shops in Ochyanomizu do discounts. Of course the biggest discount you get between March and the end of the season. Around that period they do up to 50% discount in some shops. The spring discount usually starts from mid February actually, but between mid feb-march you will probably get something like 20% off.

Also most of the shops do discounts for their new arrivals from October to mid November. Usually something between, 10-30% depending on the shop. I usually buy my staff around that period.

Another tip if you go buying snowboard in Ochyanomizu is to enter the small alleys that cross the main street. You will definitely find better offers there.

Quote:
Originally posted by smelly feet:
Thanks. I'll make sure to find the right footwear too.
hey smelly feet, what size are your plates of meat becos I have a pair of burtons (29cm) which have never been used that I could sell to yer on the cheap.
 Quote:
Originally posted by smelly feet:
They are size 11. How many cm is that hmm
I think this is right - UK 11 is about 29.5cm and US 11 is about 29cm. So it might be alright. However the boots are a slim fit. Personally I have 'fat" feet which is why I am selling them becos I can't even get my feet into the top. So if you have slim feet they might be ok.

I envy you guys, I wanna buy a new board too. \:D

I think I will just wait for the new models. There is a chance I will be in S Fransisco again this December so I will probably buy it there.

I was really pissed last year that I was there, because I didnt have enough money with me for shoping and everything was almost half price than Japan. mad.gif

Something like that. There is the annual A.G.U. (American Geophysicist Union) convention taking place. So I will be probably presenting again something about my research. Don’t know for sure yet though, but I will most probably be there again this year.

I hope you're not making fun of my earthquake predicting skills.

After all I predicted the last 10 big ones in Japan almost perfectly. And as proof I wrote a letter to my mum in each case. (And also told my girlfriend at the time). I can type up what I told her in the main as ASBOLUTE PROOF if you still don't believe me.

Here you go - this one was just before the Fukuoka quake in March.

What more proof do you need, I ask.

==========================-

Hi Mum

I'll going to be booking my flight home for summer so it won't be long now. Get them baked beans stocked up, ok?

There's gonna be a quake here in Japan on Sunday magnitude 6-7 in southern Japan (maybe even Fukuoka) and it won't be fun for the peeps who live above it. I wish I didn't have these powers, but I suppose I've just got to live with them. (The girls are impressed anyways)

Say hi to Dad.