The 80's is the decade that shouldve been skipped over! The 70's I can understand, still had the hippies in full swing. Thats cool. I can understand wanting to get f&$#ed up and get it on in the back of a VW van. Who cant, right? I guess if I was in Japan then Id have been looking for a Mira or the predecessor to it...

The Jam, The Clash, The Dead Kennedys, The Cure, The....too many The bands to remember reaching full maturity in The 80's. Birth of Acid House and bigtime rise of hip-hop etc etc etc. Pretty farikan boring eh? Well I guess it was shit if you were listening to La Toya or Bananarama. Oh yeah and The The-I love The 80's.

I grew up round then too and have some fond thoughts on the 80s. Take out the big hair and posturing and theres lots left to admire. Or you can even just laugh at the hair and music videos - better than watching comedy.

Reagan Thatcher Yuppies "power dressing" "market forces" "Just Say No". Jello Biafra himself says that the whole point of the DKs music was to express how bad everything was. Unfortunately, what the rest of the band have done to Jello since makes listening to it now an even more bittersweet experience.

You can go to one hundred 80s revivals and all you're going to hear is Go West, A-ha and Culture Club. Unfortunately that's what most 80s nostalgia seems to be about. Not Cameo, Prince, P.E., Husker Du or whoever. The 80s night in Kansai is tagged something like "no techno, no rap, no excuses". Just about says it all.

Hopefully, and not implying that the absence of rap 'n techno's a bad thing. The 80's stuff i've been to in Kansia (admittedly not recently) was pretty varied, and covered most 'mainstream' eighties, as a genre not an era, and It served it's purpose.

Have to get eighties indi or a good ol' college thrash night together for the rest.

Whoa,

Didnt know that I posted a new thread - I thought I was just replying to somebodys remark about music!! LOL. Sumanno? Maybe I couldve used a drink, eh?

big-will, at that point I probably didnt have a point, nope. Couldnt find one myself.

All I was getting at were the styles that were popular back then and how funny it looks... gotta agree with oo on that one.