help...

...it seems we are car-less for the rest of the season, so was wondering if anyone knows any resorts in the nagano/gifu/niigata area that are not a mission to get to by train (ie. very far away from a main station or that have direct buses from a main station)?

even better, does anyone know if any resorts operate a shuttle service from the station nearest to them?

cheers!

Nozawa has a station 15mins away by a shuttle bus, very easy, I did it the first month of this season before I got a car, easy to to day trip from Nagano City. Timetables on their website

My area Hakuba is kinda close from Kanazawa but if you are car-less (better than money-less , hair-less etc though lol ), not enough convenient because not so many train services available from Itoigawa to Minami-Otari on the Ooito line. I guess probably only around 7 services a day!

Why don't you try Gokurakuzaka, Hakusan, Jam-Katsuyama, Kuzuryuko area? Not convenient? If you need some place which is closer to a JR station at which limited express trains stop, maybe Seaside Itoigawa?? is worth trying?

There is a clear winner on this one.

Tokyo Station > GALA Yuzawa Station. (Joetsu Shinkansen).

77 minutes.

The GALA Yuzawa station doubles up as the Gondola station. You really can't beat that.

All the other resorts in that town (Yuzawa) have shuttle buses (most are free) that go from the station to the resorts and they take from 5-20 minutes. (Naeba is further at about 40 minutes from the station)

thanks everyone for your answers! i am very grateful for your help...

i was actually wondering for weekends away, so yuzawa is looking pretty good. we can get the train there in 2.5 hours, direct from kanazawa! clap.gif