Back online!

Actually Yamakashi, we went up to Osorokan(Hiroshima) yesterday and the snow was pretty decent. Ok not the powder we all dream of but they have about 150 cms of snow right now and even though the lifts are mostly 2-man (or woman) there was hardly any waiting done which surprised me as it was a Saturday. We had a mainly blue-sky, cheesey-grins-all-round day.

Maybe because it was my first time at Osorokan but it seems as good as Mizuho (which is bigger).

Think it has just become my favourite Nishi-Nippon ski-jyou.

Yeh - I like Osorakan too - but haven't been there for ages.

Had a nice kinda feel about it???????

Couple of weeks back went to Mizuho for 3 days and decided to check out Tenguston for the first time as only 10mins away and kids lessons, lift tickets etc were much cheaper than the Big Miz.

This season as a trial they've gone "No Boarders"

As a skier I'm not fussed one way or t'other.

But if you thought the moon would be the loneliest place - then on that day Teng. would be 2nd.

Felt like "My Own Private Ski-jo". Fantastic for me & family - but as you can imagine severely lacking in the Convivial Atmosphere department.

The big plus was being able to do big wide laid-back snakeys all day and the kid could practice suit. And the big bonus - the snow was v.good.

I estimated about 30+ cars so how many on the slopes????

Surely a heavy gamble on management's behalf. From my limited observations I'd say the boarding vs skiing % here way out west, would be 80+ ~ 20- in favour of boards.

Cutting off the hand that feeds ya.

Anyone else ventured there this season?

Quote:
Originally posted by connackers:
Then again saw spiderman at Mizuho the other week. Can Osorakan top that?
Well, Godzilla was in the house stompin' around. He was a little more furry than last time I saw him though. Oh, and Woody Woodpecker...ha ha ha HAH HA.