Take a computer to stash your photos. Take lots of pics on the slopes and in the bars. You're going to have to traval a long way and spend a small fortune in Oz money, so get some nice pics as reminders to encourage you to get out and do it again. Don't bother with the e-mail.

Ocean suggested boarding with a PocketPC to use as a Walkman. That sounds a lot more breakable and susceptible to moisture than a camera, and a camera will at least provide a record of your day. Modern digital cameras can take short vids, so you get a chance to check your boarding out as well. Just be careful where you carry it.

I think Sam (snowboard_freaks_girl) and I are going to take the laptop. I'm definatley taking my digital camera. It is rated as an outdoor camera which is water/dust/shock resistant and can take 10sec film clips too. I think it should be able to handle the conditions

NoFakie - why do you say watch where you take it? Do you mean nightclubs? etc

I was referring to where you carry it on your body while boarding.

Is that the Casio "G Shock" digital camera you have by any chance? If so, then it's the same as mine. Like many digitals, the shutter is so slow to operate as to make timing action photos an art in itself, but the camera seems pretty rugged and I've not broken mine yet. While you pay for the hardwearing case, you don't get a zoom or that high a resolution, so I'm not so sure how good a buy it is compared to other cameras.

thats the camera drew has....

Casio "g-shock" seems pretty sturdy...

i have a panasonic digital video camera which should be pretty cool to play with at the snow.

were would you keep yours while riding?

i rode with a normal camera at the snow in australia, i just had it around my neck so it sat inside my jacket seemed to be fine there?

NoFakie,

Yeah the camera is a Casio GV-10.

I agree that the shutter is pretty slow, kinda annoying but at the moment it isn't too bad. The lack of zoom is a downer too, but its not like its an overly expenisve camera anyway.

I do like the "best shots" feature though - i like being able to take black & white, sepia and a heap more.

Im pretty happy with the quality of the photos so far though.

• 2 weeks later...