SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
NoFakie

Snowboarding video game

Anybody tried one of these out at Kiddyland ?

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20010822/toy11.jpg

It's called GinGin Boarders. The thing's 7000 yen and might be a laugh after a few bevvies. Those of you with kids could always get them one for Xmas. It can withstand 90kg apparently. It plugs directly into the tv so you don't need a console.

Then again, 7,000 yen would pay for a day's lift pass and a few bevvies. Think I'd rather do that - unless you're paying...shall I forward my bank details then?

Has anybody tried any of those computer only snowboard games?

ocean11 speaks the truth...

a wise man indeed

danz

------------------

pray for snow

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got a 20- minute drive to go and a season pass, so rest assured I should get enough real boarding in.

The reason I'm asking is that it has been proposed as a novelty Xmas present for yours truly. I got a skateboard a couple of months ago, otherwise that's what I would have asked for. I'm only interested in this game because you stand on it and control it with your feet, not your fingers. While I doubt it approximates to the real thing, it looks like more fun than a wax iron, which is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

How's the skateboard? I could never stay upright on one above 3 seconds, although I had a scoot around Alpen on one of those groovy newish long boards and that was better. Not being able to stay up was my main concern about starting snowboarding, but no probs there. Also, how do you slow down on a skateboard?

Has anybody tried the Flowlab http://www.flowlab.com/index.html

or the Freebord? http://www.freebord.com/index.html

Both of these look pretty good for those days spent stuck in town.

Sounds interesting, I played something called SSX on the Playstation 2 - really good fun

flowlab rocks!!

i was really sceptical when i saw it first. the shopowner allowed me to try it and its surprising!

it is not harder than skateboarding!!!

about the other board i'm a little scared, i never really tried it but the little weels under the axes look a little scarry to me...

but the cheapest way to enjoy something like snowboarding is to built some fat skateboardaxes and some soft weels under your old snowboard!

about the video games, did someone tested the snowboard game on the x-box???

its amazing!!

There is probably a new version out by now, but last season my mates were playing a game called Extreme Racing SSX on the PS2....it was awesome and really recommeneded for gaming boarders.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.